Friday, June 23, 2006

Signet


My first blog is about Signet guitars. They were sold by the Selmer Company back in the 1970s. There isn't much information about them anywhere. They were built in Japan. The one I have was the "top of the line" dreadnought model. I think it is model 402 and retailed for $300-$400. The Grover tuners on this one are not original. The sound is amazingly full and balanced. I have seen a couple Signets for sale on ebay over the years but that is about it. I'd like to hear from anyone who knows something about them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl said...

I have this very same guitar, the 402 model. I bought it in a music store around 1975-76. I was interested in finding something out about it, mainly it's value today. Just started my search and your blog is the first thing I ran up on that identifies it. Have you any further info about it?

7:41 AM  
Blogger JR Snowman said...

I have this guitar in good condition
and it plays and sounds so Sweet..

10:09 AM  
Blogger JR Snowman said...

I would sell my Signet as i have to many guitars but do not know the value...

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home